Uber Turing Machine is a Turing machine simulator for students, academics, and programming enthusiasts. It enables to program, visualize, debug, run, and log Turing machine algorithms.
This is the list of key features that presents our visual Turing machine simulator as a good choice for studying and programming the Turing machine:
- Convenient creating of algorithms, ability to save and load them on/from a disk.
- Fast adding of repetitive data onto the tape.
- Verification of correctness of an alrogithm and tape data.
- Running and debugging in the three modes: normal, single-step, and a quick mode.
- Logging of program’s execution, advanced output statistics.
- The following sample programs are already included with the Turing machine simulator: mathematical addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, getting the square and the cube of a number (i.e. raising to the second and to the third power, respectively), binary counting, straight/flipped copy of text, and palindrome detection.
- Detailed help documentation is included.
- The portable version of Uber Turing Machine is available.
- Works on all Microsoft Windows operating systems, from Windows 95 and 98, through 2000 and XP, up to the newest Windows Vista and 7, including x64 editions.
Download Free Trial
You can download an evaluation version of Uber Turing Machine and try it for 30 days.
Uber Turing Machine is Shareware. This means that it must be purchased before all benefits of the software will become available.
Single User License
The single user license costs $9.95. It allows to install Uber Turing Machine on 2 computers (e.g. on a laptop and a desktop) for usage by one person. Please use this link to buy the single user license for Uber Turing Machine:
The classroom license costs $69.50. It allows to install and use Uber Turing Machine on any number of computers within one classroom. Please type-in your college or university name w/o abbreviations and proceed to the order form at PayPro Global:
The academic license costs $199.05. It allows to install and use Uber Turing Machine on any number of computers within an accredited educational institution. Please type-in your organization name w/o abbreviations and proceed to the order form at PayPro Global:
If you need a custom license for more users or a site license for a large company, please contact us and we’ll get back to you with an advantageous offer as soon as possible.
All transactions are handled by a trusted third-party payment intermediary PayPro Global. PayPro is a trusted company based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. PayPro uses the highest level of encryption throughout the entire order process and credit card processing. All transaction and credit card information is guaranteed to be safe and not passed on to any third party.
New features marked with a plus symbol (+), and improvements with an exclamation mark (!).
1.4 (September 10, 2012)
[+] Now you can drag and drop project files onto the main window.
[+] A couple more bundled mathematical algorithms: squaring and cubing.
[+] Confirmed compatibility with the Windows 8 Release Preview.
[+] Ensured operability on the 64-bit Ubuntu Linux Desktop v12.04 + Wine v1.4 final.
[+] Digitally signed the main executables.
[!] An improvement in the Save Algorithm/Tape/Program facilities.
[!] A few enhancements in the program code.
1.3 (September 13, 2011)
[+] Implemented the “Stay on Top” feature for the reporting window.
[+] Two new Turing algorithms: straight and reverse text copying.
[+] Company and program website links in the Help menu.
[+] Opening a sample Turing program at the very first launch of the simulator.
[!] Bug fix in the code of removing an algorithm state.
[!] Enhanced look of the Reports window on Windows 7/Vista.
[!] Introduced tips for the shortcuts created by the installer.
[!] Fixed the website link in the About window.
[!] Corrected a few typos.
[!] Some internal enhancements.
1.2 (August 30, 2010)
[+] Now a portable edition will also be distributed, along with the regular installable version of Uber Turing Machine.
[!] Enhanced compatibility with the latest Windows versions, Vista, Seven, and Server 2008.
[!] Now the app is better adapted for language localization.
[!] Fixed a bug on inputting cell contents right after modifying a grid.
[!] Corrected ugly control placing on the Reports window when visual themes of Windows systems posterior to Windows XP are enabled.
[!] A lot of internal improvements.
A history log for versions prior to 1.1 is unavailable.