We have just updated our batch utility for adjusting playback speed of audio books. These are the changes made in the version 1.5:
- Tweaked to display the overall progress of transcoding on the Windows 8/7 taskbar.
- Now fully supports Windows Media Audio.
- Audio libraries were updated to the most recent versions.
- Updated the used list control.
- Successfully tested on 64-bit Ubuntu v12.04 + Wine v1.4 and on the 64-bit release preview of Windows 8.
- Enhanced working with AAC and WMA on Windows Seven and Vista.
- Some internal enhancements.
Continue reading Update for Software to Adjust Playback Speed of Audio Books
This note is here to inform you about an update for our Turing machine Windows software. Now Uber Turing Machine is at the version 1.4 and the changes are as follows:
- Added two new math examples demonstrating how to raise a number to the second and to the third power.
- Enabled drag and drop on the main window.
- Successfully launched and tested on the release preview of Windows 8 and on the Ubuntu Linux Desktop 12.04 x64 + Wine 1.4 final.
- All the main EXEs were digitally signed.
- Some minor enhancements in the program code.
Continue reading Updated Turing Machine Software
Today our program to download free audiobooks has been updated to the version 1.4. Here is an excerpt from the change log:
- 31120 files and 471 fresh free audiobooks were included into the catalog.
- Implemented displaying of overall downloading progress on the Windows Seven/Eight task bar.
- Tested for compatibility with the release preview of Windows 8 and with Ubuntu v12.04 “Precise Pangolin” AMD64 + Wine v1.4 final.
- Upgraded the used database engine’s DLL.
- A small internal enhacement.
Continue reading Program for Downloading Free Audio Books Was Updated
On Saturday, April 14, 2012, our audiobook player with auto-bookmarks was updated to the version 1.7. These are implemented new features and tweaks made:
- Enhanced, the UIPI workaround for: support for multimedia keys, Windows 7/8 taskbar’s thumbnail toolbar, restoring of the tray icon after Windows Explorer’s crash or restart, and for detecting of multiple running app instances.
- Tested for compatibility against the Ubuntu GNU/Linux Desktop 11.10 x86-64 + Wine 1.4 final and on the consumer preview of Windows 8.
- Signed and timestamped the program binaries, using SuperUtils’ digital signature issued by COMODO.
- Tweaked to remember the most recently used directory paths between launches, by the commands “Add Directory” and “Play Directory”.
- Fixed the tab order of the windows “Sleep Timer Options” and “Settings”.
- Enhanced the installer of the application to set the correct working directory for the created shortcuts.
- Upgraded the used list control and the audio subsystem to the most recent version.
- Since this release, the volume fading isn’t applied to short sound files anymore.
- A few grammar corrections.
Continue reading New Release of Auto-Bookmarking Player for Audio Books
Audiobook Downloader Pro — the download manager of free and public domain audio books — is just updated to the version 1.3.3. The new features and changes are:
- Added 1250 more free audiobooks and 81183 downloadable files to the catalog (32 percent growth)!
- Launched and tested for compatibility on the recently released Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
- Installed and successfully run on the desktop version of Ubuntu 11.10 x64 + Wine 1.4-rc6.
- Digitally signed and time-stamped all the main program’s executables.
- When starting downloading and a system is in the global offline mode, that application now suggests to go online.
- Upgraded the main list control.
- Fixed possible resource leaking in the Search Results list control.
- Improved detection of multiple running instances when the process is started elevated (i.e. enhanced operation on the following Windows systems: Vista, 7, and 8).
- Assignment of comments to the shortcuts created by the Audiobook Downloader Pro installer.
- Updated SQLite’s library to the latest version.
- Updated the data access wrapper.
- Various minor tweaks.
Continue reading Renewed Download Manager of Public Domain and Free Audio Books
On Thursday, February 9, 2012, we updated the tool that helps you to disable the Windows 8 Metro UI. This is the changelog for Win Eight Metro UI Switcher v1.1:
- Applied a digital signature to the main exe and to the setup program.
- The app is now translated into Deutsch/German.
- Improved handling of multiple instances against Windows 8’s UIPI mechanism.
Continue reading Windows 8 Metro Interface Disabler Is Updated
On Sunday, January 15th, 2012, our audio time-stretching software was updated. And Audio Speed Changer Pro (ASCP) is now at v1.4.4. The changes are as follows:
- The application now can be controlled using the command line.
- Added a digital signature to both the main executable and the installer program.
- The library for handling ID3v2 tags is upgraded.
- Tested compatibility with the Windows 8 Developer Preview.
- Improved playing back and rewinding of super short audio.
- Fixed a memory leaking bug of the main list control.
- Add Directory now remembers the most recent used path.
- Elaborated the setup script to assign hints to the created shortcuts.
- All the used audio libraries are now up to date.
- A few grammar corrections in the app interface.
- Various minor improvements.
Continue reading New Version of Batch Audio Time Stretcher