Mute on Lock is a tiny resident utility that sits in the system tray and monitors your session: when you are locking your Windows workstation, it mutes the sound of your speakers. With the help of this program you can quickly mute or unmute the system sound by double-clicking the tray icon or using an optional hot key.
There are the top reasons why you need Mute on Lock:
- Supports all Windows NT operating systems with fast user switching, from Microsoft Windows XP up to Windows 7, including x64 editions.
- An icon in the system tray area, which allows you to control various program settings.
- You can set a hotkey for muting and unmuting the system sound.
- You can mute/unmute sound by double-clicking the tray icon.
- Automatically loading each time Windows starts.
- The portable version of Mute on Lock is available.
- The modest main memory and disk space usage.
- The program is absolutely free!
Please note, that you might have to use the Windows Compatibility Mode feature set to Windows XP to get it to work properly on Windows Vista and 7. We are currently working on this problem and will release a fix as soon as possible.
You can download and use Mute on Lock completely free of charge. We guarantee, that the program does not contain any form of adware or malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors.
New features marked with a plus symbol (+), and improvements with an exclamation mark (!).
1.0 (February 20, 2010)
First public release of Mute on Lock.
The first version of our auto muter was released not a long time ago, and therefore the product is currently in a state of collecting awards. Here some of them: