On Friday, February 24, 2012, we released our updated utility for digital photographers, mass Exif data remover for Windows. These are the changes made in ExifCleaner 1.7:
- The program executables were digitally signed.
- Put a reference to the ICC profile article.
- Successfully launched on Ubuntu v11.10 “Oneiric Ocelot” x86-64 and Wine 1.3.28 (do note that Linux is not officially supported — run ExifCleaner on it at your own risk).
- Successfully tested on the developer preview of Windows 8.
- The Remove ICC option is now disabled by default.
- Fixed the loading bug taking place when data of a preview image cannot be found in existing Exif’s thumbnail section.
- Upgraded the utilized tree/list control.
- Add Directory now remembers the most recently used folder path.
- A few internal changes.
This version is very recommended for you to upgrade, since it contains several bugfixes and has nice enhancements.